Let it be SLOW


40 Days until Easter.
40 days to make a spiritual fast of the heart, the soul, the mind, the body.
How can I ask my youthins to give something up/challenge them and not do it myself?
SO I bring you into my heart for a second; I am doing Jen Hatmaker's 7 Bible Study with author Nancy Rue via FaceBook...I read the book last fall, but this Bible Study, so much more depth and inner questions to really respond to. Much more information to change, to be challenged, to challenge others.

Also, it's 40 days/40 bags challenge as well. We have a youth rummage sale coming up and we need to start accumulating stuff to be sold. What better way than to clean out our home first and ask others to check their homes before their BIG spring cleaning purges.

My heart is overwhelmed with all that's currently on the to-do list, but I also have a peace that it'll get done and be PERFECT for HIS Kingdom. My idea bank is full, my mind is racing, and my will slowing down.

Youth Tonight (Wednesday)
Valentine's Day/12th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow (Thursday)
Youth Date Night Fundraiser (Friday)

I am trying to NOT be addicted to the chaos and stress of the adrenaline rush that comes from being BUSY. It was Sunday's lesson/sermon and one that is so needed in today's society that I am always finding new ways to incorporate/remember this lesson throughout the week.


Comments