Turquoise Tuesday

I love the ocean, that is no secret around these parts. I love every thing to do with the ocean, including the fishy smell at low tide in Swansboro. (at least I do now, not so much when I lived there!) I was also hankering for something FUN to make for the beachy feel we have going on inside our desert house. So, I printed off some words, found my IKEA cutting board that wasn’t being used, and some mod podge (and my first time ever using that!!) It took me HOURS to get the exact placement of words, pictures, sizes. I started over at least three times, but I love it. I even love the lil oops and spacing issues and how the colors are bleeding into each other on certain words. It makes me happy when I look at it and I think that is what matters most!

 

IMG_9316

This is the picture taken to remember WHERE the letters/words/phrases go. I should have zoomed in better on the top. Once this picture was taken, I took the words off in rows to ensure it would be easier to recreate the fabulousness. Yet, somehow I still mucked it up, but it’s a reflection of life, mucked up and still fabulous!

 

IMG_9317And you can see the aqua candlestick from last week’s post. I added a ball on top of it for something interesting. I don’t really LIKE that ball, but it was included in the assortment I received. I’ll deal with it. 

IMG_9318

I am joining these parties:

 Turquoise Tuesday

 

Talent Show Tuesday

 

Making the World Cuter

 

Toot Your Horn Tuesday

 

Talented Tuesday

Comments

Anonymous said…
Death to the ball.
Very cool and creative. It never occurs to me to this kind of stuff. :(
John said…
Love it! So bright and cheery; it makes me smile.
Kelli W said…
I love this! It would look great in my bathroom!
Unknown said…
The really sad thing is, I don't know where to put it. It's homeless right now.
Lisa B. said…
It would go perfect in my bathroom.