Excuses or Bondage?

I have over abundance a sickness.
Since waking up this morning in Yoga pants and a t-shirt I have changed my clothes THREE times.
Yep.
THREE.
Once from yoga pants into workout capris and a sports bra and running shirt. I conquered ten miles this morning wearing that outfit and it was SOAKED when I was done. Naturally it found its way into the washer before getting any lovely bacteria growth on it. *ahem*

AND since those clothes were getting washed, and shower fresh requires new clothes I grabbed capri sweats and a long sleeve shirt since it's "only" going to be 70 today, but it's a tad warm so I may change my shirt yet again.



7. You have changed me during this week/month. I could easily wear 7 items of clothing because sometimes it seems that is all I wear anyhow. But today, I've already worn SIX different articles of clothing. My choices would have to be better suited for daily life and not weekend leisure activities. Jeans would most likely be included and oh goodness.... how do I choose just ONE pair of shoes? Running shoes are a MUST, but I can't wear those everyday because I'd wear them out before the race. My beloved toms or my rainbow flip flops? Can't play drums in flip flops (at least I can't!) Barefoot. Yes, I can go barefoot while playing drums and drop the flip flops off near the drums so no one notices. But who really cares about what I am wearing while worshipping the GOD of the Universe? *first world problems*






But what does this say about me? My clothes consume my bedroom. Okay, OUR clothes consume our bedroom. Marine has to wear his uniform daily so there's all the items that go along with that, then comes home and changes in to civilian attire and sometimes running/pt gear. And the boy has "wear in the garage to get even more dirty" clothes, too. We have clothes for every occasion and season because we never know which frozen tundra (Massachusetts) or sweat box (29 Palms or Yuma) we'll be stationed/sent to next. And they just hang there in our closets, stealing space, and requiring maintenance. And let's not even account for the multiple sizes of clothing we hang onto. I've purged a TON of "never wearing that size ever again" clothes this past year. (I am down three belt notches since being in INDY!) So multiple seasons have "required" multiples of pjs, workout clothes, dress clothes, every day clothes, coats, jackets, scarves, shoes, flip flops, swimwear, and pure ridiculousness.

No more will I be a slave to it. Winter is coming up and I have more than ONE coat. Luke 3:11 says "If you have two coats, give one away,” he said. “Do the same with your food." That sums up the first two chapters of 7* doesn't it?


*If you would like to follow along, check out (In)Courage and check out Jen Hatmaker's videos about Food and Clothes. Also, in true 7 Fashion, I'll be giving my copy away to share the wealth of knowledge and abundance to bless someone else with. 

Comments