God asks us to care for ALL His Children.
Do you love Jesus?
Then show Him by loving what He loves; children, widows, orphans, justice.
That is a new course and challenge surging through the youth group.
We've learned about Jesus and will continue to learn about Him as we follow His commands.
What does this look like?
- Serving the least of these alongside serving our church in various roles
- creating care packages for missionaries
- writing letters of encouragement to missionaries
- hanging out with people who don't attend our church
- creating shoes out of old jeans
- fundraising to help the less fortunate
- prayer times
- visiting nursing homes
- visiting apartment complexes in the area
- getting outside out comfort zones and DOING what God has called us to do
- Not worrying about the MONEY aspect of serving; because we know God provides.
- making encouragement baskets for teachers
- getting into the community and DOING things
DO y'all have any more ideas? I have a select list of things we've done before as a church and at others churches, but the more ideas, the better. We need to be Jesus and not be so self-centered and all about me and my entertainment people. That is when the light shines, when we put aside ourselves and really BE Jesus for other people.