Pizza Dough.



1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1-1/2 tsp. dry active yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
2/3 cup warm water
Preparation:
1. Place the ingredients into your bread machine, following the order recommended by the manufacturer.

2. Select the dough cycle on your machine, and press start.

3. Remove the dough when the cycle ends, and roll out to a 12" circle (14" if you want thin crust).

4. Sprinkle cornmeal (approx. 1 Tbsp.) over your pizza pan, and place the dough on the pan.

5. Top with sauce and your choice of ingredients. Then, bake at 500 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Use a fork to pop any air bubbles half-way through the cook time.



Then we have the fabulous pizza itself. I didn't have 'traditional' ingredients on hand so I improvised and made a yummu pizza anyhwo.




This is what I used; seasonings, mozz cheese, tomato sauce, and turkey sausage stuff. I normally use that in spaghetti, but I have turkey meatballs for that this week.

Look at this awesome sauce....I of course didn't measure, but I stuck my finger in there and likced the spoon clean.



While you're mixing that up, fry up the turkey meat things in a skillet with some olive oil and seasonings mix. Be sure to use the same spoon to cut down on washing more utensils like I did.... OK, maybe I didn't lick the spoon clean this time....



Next we put it all together. This was my first attempt at wrestling a pizza dough. Normally the hubbster likes to do it, but he's at work this time. So here it is in all it's gloriousness. (is that even a word?)







Oh yeah, I also added roasted red peppers and parmesan. What is a pizza good for without those two ingredients? I bit into this right away and it was yummy. I love the mixture of wheat and white flour together, it doesn't make it as harsh as regular whole wheat or as bland as white bread. I also dashed in some seasonings and cheese into the bread while it I was mixing it in the bread machine, or rather the bread machine mixing it for me. 55 Minutes later, and voila, the perfect dish.

Comments

JesusSaves said…
That's a good looking Pizza. I hear from Veggiesarebad on CINC that you are new to NoVa. So am I . Maybe we can chat sometime. Touch base with me. My blogs address is:

http://proudjesuslovingmarinewife.blogspot.com/

It's new of course so bear with me.