Roast-ish

I am babysitting today and therefore, can only do so much since my time will be spent doing other things then enjoying the kitchen. I am thinking Nintendo DS and movies will settle the boy, since it's about 100 degrees outside and he and I will both burn faster then I can type an iota. So it's settled. I spruced up the house a bit, dreading that dog hair is everywhere and I cannot get rid of it. I have seriously thought I should shave her, to make her feel better, too. Poor girl.

I made crock pot roast this afternoon. It looks spicy, but I'll let you know how it turns out later.

The ingredients remain simple:

1 Roast
5 Carrots, peeled, cubed.
3 Medium Potatoes, cubed
Handful of Mushrooms
1 Onion, cubed
2 Tablespoons chopped Garlic ( I love garlic !!)
No salt added beef Bouillon spice
5 Cups water

Brown roast on all sides with olive oil, paprika, and onion spices.
While it's being browned, mix the beef bouillon and water in crock pot. Add in the veggies to their bath. When the roast is done, rub garlic onto it and place it into the crock pot. Place the temp on high and cook for five-ish hours until the roast can be pierced with a fork and meat falls off.

Make corn bread or crusty rolls and serve piping hot.

Comments