Happy 4th.



It's officially the Fourth of July weekend. I cannot say I am surprised by how FAST it approached us this year. We've had loads of visitors and fun this past month and I am still getting caught up with life around the house.


And as most of you know, the 4th of July is a great time to remember and enjoy being an American.
We have been given gifts from God as inalienable rights whether or not our Supreme Court Justices think so or not. (that'll be another post I am sure!!)
LIFE.
LIBERTY.
PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

We fought a war to protect what we as a country deemed important. 

We are now fighting as a country to keep those values and education alive. We have brave military members giving their lives for the same values, but several leaders who LOVE to tell us we don't have those values as a nation any longer. This picture speaks a thousand words:

Can you see it?
How about this one?


THE BLATANT DISRESPECT FOR THE MARINE WHO IS GUARDING HIM AND SALUTING HIM AS HIS COMMANDER IN CHIEF!!
MR. PRESIDENT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE HE'S FIGHTING OFF A MIGRAINE, AND NOT SALUTING.
It's not the first time, either. 
But I saw this picture and it just bugged me.


This picture brings me hope.

The proper AMERICAN way to salute during the National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, etc.
Mrs. Bush has a face of gratitude and allegiance.
Mr. Bush has respect.
and this is AFTER they're out of the White House!


I have to say, I am a PROUD wife to a United States Marine.


Without the Marine and his fellow military service members, this land would no longer be our land.




Happy Fourth of July.



Comments

Melissa said…
That has always been one of Bush's strengths. He respects his country, the flag that represents it and the people who fight to protect it.
What a great post! I agree with Melissa, Bush was the ultimate proponent of our troops. I hate when people don't put their hand over their hearts. This is what sets us apart from other countries. And dang it men - take your hat off when you say the pledge or enter a church or visit a grave.