{Thanks}

Thanksgiving went by in a swoosh of excitement and food and family. I don't have pictures because I didn't take any except of the food because that's what I do apparently.
Mum and Roger were over. We ate, shopped, shopped, and shopped and talked. It was fun. It went by way too fast, though..it always does. I'll be making turkey pot pies later today and will possibly post the recipe later.

The decor of the fall season has been replaced by wintery things. We have our tree up inside and one on the front porch. I made a wreath for the front door, and my guest bathroom currently houses my Star Wars mini tree and Snow Globe as well as motion/sound detected penguin lights. I keep the door closed and as soon as a guest opens the door to use the facilities, the penguin lights go off blinking and singing haha.  It's corny, but oh so fun for me.

I also think this chest cold is just about done, too. Jess had it, I got it and now Ryan has a slight part of it. It's the gift that keeps on giving.  It could also have something to do with the temps. Today's low is THIRTY-NINE!! It's never been that cold in the 18 months we've been here. This is craziness. Thankfully the rest of the week will return to normal as high 70s because I am frozen. We have flannel sheets and two blankets on the bed because we refuse to turn the heat on!



This is what the town is starting to look like again! I cannot wait for the Farmer's Markets to resume. I've missed them when everyone else was talking about them this spring and summer. Yes, Yuma is backwards, but honestly it's too hot to grow anything of value besides hay/barely/wheat/cotton during the summers here.  We're currently viewing broccoli, cauliflower, brussle sprouts, lettuces, and pesticides :)  But I love how the stripes of purple intermix with the green. It's so pretty.

Comments