Another sleepless night.




I had to share this song with you. I've heard it countless times, but I cannot get it out of my head recently. The whole thoughts about the United States of America being sleeping during another sleepless night and the philosophies like save the trees, kill the children. It's heart wrenching. It's making my mind race and contort and remembering the true, REAL reason of Christmas.

It's not about the presents, the family traditions we make so important, the lifestyles we make through our choices. It's about OUR true Present of HIS PRESENCE! Isn't that what really matters?

I've found myself wandering aisles in the stores. Typically during this buyers season I buy loads of unnecessary things and then decide who gets what and where it all goes. This year, I didn't go shopping with ME in mind; I went for others. And there was a joy and peace about it. Why haven't  I done this sooner? It's such a blessing to do for others and not stock pile my house with things I just "had to have" and "have to pack" later on a couple years later as we move.

The Marine and I are goal setting this week and next for the New Year. We made some great strides in it over dinner and we are excited about all the next steps we have this upcoming year. There's been loads of things bumping into our lives that makes us re-think all the things we do and what we don't do and what we'd like to be doing. Therefore, small changes are to be made in order to move forward and focus on the goals. Which, is weird that I am stepping up with this because I typically HATE/LOATHE planning as much as the Grinch HATES/LOATHES Christmas. But, this is necessary, needed, wanted, desired. It's all part of living simpler, easier lives and going to be counter-cultural.

Which, I guess is inspired by this song as well. I want to be part of the Stable Few, not part of the Inn Crowd.

Comments