Lentils de Madras.

My house smells amazing right now. I am currently cooking MADRAS LENTILS courtesy of Peas and Crayons.  It doesn't look as good as hers, but it smells amazing and tastes good, too. Also, it was stuff already in the pantry, it's vegetarian, and it can feed several growing men for a few dollars at most. I'll fix some rice later and pour the lentils over it and BAM, dinner is served.



There's been a lot of cooking going on here, lately. I've been canning up spaghetti/marinara sauces from garden fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, and spices as well. Oh, and a random habanero or two has found their way in to some sauce as well. Delicious.  My next project is pickles. Lots and lots of pickles. The cucumbers are taking over. Plus, we'll have butternut squasheseseseses soon, too. I have forgotten how prolific squash tend to be and planted about eight separate plants of butternut. We already have three or so ready to go. Yum!

typical days harvest: maters, peppers, squash, zucchini tomatillos, etc


Anyone have any great family recipes they want to give me for all this produce? I am up for anything at this point. We're experimenting with pickle flavors, types, and what to do with a zillion tomatillos as well. Tomatoes are the easiest ones to put away for us. Sauce, ketchup, canned, fire-roasted, sun-dried, etc.

Comments