addiction to what?

Technology Addiction Sermon @ Church yesterday coupled with a Bible Study about possessions.
Ack.
My heart is full of junk and it needs cleared out.
The 40 bags in 40 days challenge is going on as well.
Too much stuff. The cycle of purge, shop purge shop is ending.
And this morning as I was getting ready, last week's clothing fast still hits me square in the eyes.
7 cosmetic items in the day ONLY! These include shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, moisturizer, body spray. Those were my 7 items...today I used mousse and all day hold spray (not hairspray, ick!) and I felt weird.

This fasting thing, it's working because I was thinking about my clothing choices more, and not adding accessories since all those were out last week too. 7 single items of clothing allowed, but unlimited amounts of undergarments, cuz we gotta keep our health, right?

But why do I just wear something for a few hours and deem it DIRTY? Why not hang it back up and use it again before it is truly dirty?

And why do I have so many choices in my wardrobe anyhow? I can't wear them all at the same time!!!

So yes, this week is going to be heartbreaking and renewing! It's going to get to the root of the problem so that my spending reflects my heart and my passions of releasing people from extreme poverty, worldwide; helping the widow and the orphan and leaving my selfish desires aside.


Bam.

Comments