11 Things on the 11th
1. Straight no Chaser. IU (Indiana University) Alumni
They're currently on Tour for their new Christmas album.
2. NEW milage tracker for my 2014 running miles in on the blog. Motivation. Bam. Don't look at it till 1/1/14
Ten per box $3.49 @ Target.
4. Youth Cartel
Marko and Adam McLane.
Genius Youth Workers.
Plus, it's a cartel.
Instigating a revolution in Youth ministry.
Parents, youth, youth leaders, lovers of next generations, please SPRINT there now.
5. Justin Timberlake is in town for his concert tonight, I'm pouting that I am not going.
6. 30 burpees for 30 days.
You'll thank me and the Spartan Race.
7. Paul Walker & His Foundation & FF6 donating proceeds.
8. Praying over the ONE word for 2014.
The only thing coming to mind is BELONGING.
IS that my word...?
9. Time Magazine's Person of the Year Article.
And so Francis signals great change while giving the same answers to the uncomfortable questions. On the question of female priests: “We need to work harder to develop a profound theology of the woman.” Which means: no. No to abortion, because an individual life begins at conception. No to gay marriage, because the male-female bond is established by God. “The teaching of the church … is clear,” he has said, “and I am a son of the church, but”—and here he adds his prayer for himself—“it is not necessary to talk about those issues all the time.”
If that prayer should be answered, if somehow by his own vivid example Francis could bring the church into a new relationship with its critics and dissidents—agreeing to disagree about issues that divide them while cooperating in the urgent mission of spreading mercy—he might unleash untold good. “Argue less, accomplish more” could be a healing motto for our times. We have a glut of problems to tackle. Francis says by example, Stop bickering and roll up your sleeves. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good—an important thing for the world to hear, especially from a man who holds an office deemed infallible.
10. Thank You Drop Cam for celebrating Military Home Comings.
Of course I posted the Marine one on the Blog.
11. Christmas Punch you must serve.