Influential Bitterness Cold

Are you freezing where you live, too?

We woke up to a power failure thanks to frigid temperatures and the house was a mere 55 degrees F. 
That is a little chilly for my tastes. Fortunately our bedroom stays pretty warm so I didn't notice it until the Toby needed to potty outside in 3 degree F temps. 
So it's currently 7 and feels like -5 degrees F. HEAT WAVE! hah.

SO, i've been a little busy today. 
I have sent the President and Indiana Senators a letter stating I do NOT believe that the military should have their retirement benefits CUT each year until the service member is 62. 
I've purchased a GROUPON for frozen yogurt.
I ordered a $25 gift card via my coke rewards.
I've ordered a magazine subscription.
I've applied for a FREE spouse college program.
I've looked into MYCAA programs.
I've paid the bills.
I've applied for some Ambassador programs.
and now for the more fun and important part of today.



And since I was tagged on Facebook about the top ten influential books in my life (so far) I figured, I'd post them here because 98% of you are not on my personal Facebook page and it could lead to new and exciting reads for your Christmas shopping and "down" time.

1. Bible
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3. Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldham
4. Seven by Jen Hatmaker
5. Bread & Wine by Shauna Neiquist
6. The Pacific by Stephen Ambrose
7. The BFG by Roald Dahl
8. Straight from the Gut by Jack Welch
9. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
10. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
What have been your most influential books?

I've often thought of doing a movie one, too...
or cookie one since it's the season of massive amounts of cookies, too.



Comments