perhapsly...

Rain.
I feel like I am drowning lately because it's been raining for the last two weeks and my garden needs weeding and my grass needs mowed, but every spare moment I have at home, it's either raining or night time.

And this next week is rummage sale prep at church, so I won't have much time then and Memorial Day creeps up and then Mission Trip. Yep, my next time/day off is in JULY!  JU-LY, people.
We aren't made to live like this at all...


I keep reading in Matthew about how the crowds always followed Jesus and He would just go away for a bit, pray, and come back. Whether it be in a boat or mountain or hill, He'd have to be alone...
He would have to PRAY to get His strength and endurance for the next day.  It's so easy to just let the days pile up upon each other and do MY will for God instead of letting God interrupt my will for His perfect purpose. And so I sit and wait on God. I sit and enjoy His presence, His perfect peace that only comes from Him and the day starts over. The week isn't as long, the youthies aren't as crazy.


So tonight, I run. Tonight I weed the garden, clean the house, pack up rummage sale goods and go. Tonight. While the Marine is sharing in Bachelor Party festivities, I'll be home. And I won't think about work very much, or ever. (sure sure). I can say that now...




Comments

Unknown said…
I hope you find time to stop really, really soon.

I'm in the middle of a frantic season right now too and I'm really feeling the need to just STOP.