Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Zuppa Soupa

Olive Garden's Potato and Sausage Soup {Zuppa Toscana}

4-5 scrubbed, sliced potatoes (leave skin on)
1 Pkg Turkey Italian Sausage, casing removed, browned, fat drained
1 Package Turkey Bacon cooked, fat drained, diced
1 Bunch Kale Greens, chopped/diced
1/4 Cup half and half/whipping cream/creamer
1 Medium Onion Diced
1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Teaspoon chopped/minced garlic
2 Containers low sodium Chicken Stock

In Crock pot combine onions, chicken stock, garlic, red pepper flakes, and potatoes, sausage, bacon,  onion,  salt, and pepper. Cook LOW for 5-6 hours. Once potatoes are cooked, splash in the cream and kale. Cook until wilted, serve with garlic bread/breadsticks, and yummy salad.

I make this quite often in the fall, winter, spring time. We love it and make it healthier (aka way less sodium/salt) and it's quite filling. 
 
I am linking up to Crocktober and yall should check it out and link up too. Sharing recipes is always fun. 




6 comments:

familymgrkendra said...

THANK YOU!! Zuppa Toscana is my favorite Olive Garden soup! I am for sure putting this on the menu for next week!! It looks sooo easy and yummy!

Jonnique said...

This also my favorite Olive Garden soup! My husband had a stove top recipe but I am going to try this one!!!

Amanda said...

This is my favorite soup!!! Sooo excited to make this!!!

Also love the new layout! <3

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Oh my goodness.....bacon AND sausage?!? YUM. I am so glad you posted this...I have heard amazing things about this Olive Garden soup! Can't wait to try it :)

Kim | It's All Reitz said...

Oh my gosh, I CRAVE this soup at all times! Making my grocery list now - can't wait to try my own! Thanks for posting.

Crock-Pot Ladies said...

Oh my gosh this sounds divine! I ♥ this soup from Olive Garden! I will be making this one for sure!